Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 06:58:28 -0800
Beth Kerr writes
>Am I mistaken in thinking that the person who is using these traps is
>having an issue with the mice eating the ferret food from INSIDE the
>ferret cage?  How then can the food source be eliminated

That would not be my first thought as mice are attracted to human food as
well.  When it get's cold they seek shelter and food which brings them
into our houses and doesn't necessarily mean that they are dependent upon
food in ferret cages as the specific source of food.

I do not want to get into a huge debate over the mouse thing.  I don't
like to see anything die by any means and I don't see the humaneness in
putting an animal stuck in a glue trap in a field.  It's going to die
whether by a predator or by starvation when the food you left it runs
out.  Additionally I don't have to watch my cats hunt down the mice.
The mice got the hint very quickly that cats were in the house and they
moved on.

Kim at SUMS

Fuzzy Hugs from Kim and da kids at Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue
Ask me how you can virtually eliminate the need for veterinary dental
visits.