Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 08:59:55 EST
Bob Church mentioned many FMLs ago that he restricts his ferrets' food at
night.  Other people say that ferrets need to eat every 3 or 4 hours.
What's the consensus on this?  I have food available at all time to my guys,
but they never seem to eat more than 4 times a day.

Georgie lives in a condo and will never eat while in the cage unless I put a
little Ferretvite on the food or if I'm gone all day (12 h or more) at work.
Otherwise, he eats in the am when I'm getting ready for work, he eats at
lunch time when I'm home from work, and he eats when I get home for the
evening between 7 and 9.  I never hear him eat during the night.  Do any of
you have a ferret that won't eat while in the cage?

Azrael is free roam and used to eat every night about 12, but I haven't
heard him do that for a long time.  He's more likely to eat when I'm home
and George is in the bedroom.  I think he's trying to keep the food from
George.

They both prefer to eat from the dish of food I keep in the kitchen rather
than eat from either of the two sets in the bedroom.  Perhaps they like to
see what I'm up to and eat at the same time.

Lorali J Barber
Production Editor
301-530-7038
Fax 301-571-8303