From:
Debbi Searing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 22:47:15 EST
After buying a sick ferret from the petstore, where they were feeding their
supposedly 9 week old ferrets hardened-to-rock but meant to be mushy ferret
food, and they had stuck an older ferret who'd been bought and returned to
them in with the new babies without any type of quarantine, I called
Marshall Farms directly to complain.

I must say they were very nice and understanding, but like I told the woman
I spoke to, I don't have any high hopes that they really would take any
action against this pet store.  They are, after all, only in this as a
business--for money.  According to what I've read online, they have had
plenty of ferrets die en route to pet stores for various horrible reasons
(one froze to death in the bowl of water left in the crate because it got
so cold in the plane's cargo), and that doesn't stop them from doing the
same-old, same-old.  But it's nice to know that people like Joy on the FML
also complained--maybe if enough of us call, they can start making sure
their ferrets are at least taken care of when they reach their designated
pet stores.

debbi, Molly Doll, and Merlin (my MF pet store rescue)