From:
Weasel_Wardancer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 12:12:02 -0700
Hi, All

I just had to come out of lurk mode to ask and please forgive my
ignorance, but.

What is this Do Not Adopt blacklist on Yahoo that I have been reading
about these last few days?  Does anyone have the URL?  I know it is on
Yahoo, but I can't seem to find it.

Just curious.  I never believed in blacklists myself; they are way too
easy to abuse themselves and be used by malicious and vindictive people
or a perfect excuse to discriminate.

Everybody's idea of taking care of fuzzybutts is different, just like
raising kids.  As Bill said, I found a thing or two on his list I don't
agree with, BUT that does NOT make him an abuser of ferrets to be put on
any blacklist!  I'm sure his ferrets are very happy, healthy and he loves
them with all his heart.  I'm, also, sure there are things I do with my
ferrets that Bill and others would disagree with.  Like.if I took away
the Sweet Wheat Puffs and Honey Nut Cheerie-O's that IS abuse and all my
ferrets wonder why mommy is mad at them and not give them their treats.
For the most part it is fresh fruit, Nanars loves his bananas, Miranda
adores her orange wedges, Loki and Valhalla go for the concord grapes,
Bupkes can't wait for his apple chunks and there is always juicy melon,
raisins and peanut butter, enough to go around.  But.once in a while
they get their "junk" food too, just like the hoomans.
[Moderator's note: That was Bob's list, not Bill's.  BIG]

If a ferret is healthy, happy, well feed, safe and warm and their only
fear is that mommy will clean out the hidey-hole of their treasures
because she really does need her car keys, then that is the ONLY thing
that matters.

Anyway, just wondering about this blacklist.

Weasel and the AZ Hidey-hole gang