From:
Juliana Paulauskas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 1996 10:46:42 -0500
First, I would like to say thank you to Joe, Randy Brown, and Bethany Towns
for their helpful responses to my dilemma with Charity.  Since Sobriety is
the first ferret I've lost, I didn't really know what to expect from the
other ferrets.  Your responses were much appreciated :)

Charity seems to slip in and out of this dreadful mood.  For the past two
days, she has played for a few moments (which is an improvement) but did not
eat her food.  I have been giving her about 20cc's of Liquid Nutrition
(generic brand of Ensure) per day along with a few squirts of nutrical.  She
loves the stuff so I never have to force feed it to her.  (Misty has always
been the picky one of the bunch.  I had to force everything down her when
she got sick with adrenal problems.)

Today I noticed that Charity actually ate a few pieces of food from her
bowl.  She also went over to the door of the room (a sign that she wants to
go out and run up and down the hallway.) I let her out and she did wander
for a bit but then came back into her room to drink some water.  She also
hid some of her toys.  That is a definitite improvement. :) I'm glad that
Charity and Misty got to become such good friends.

I hope that Charity starts to improve a little each day. (If I see any signs
of physical illness, I will take her to the vet)  I feel sorry for her
because I know how she feels.  We all still miss Sobriety so much.  He was a
good buddy to all of us.  We will always remember him.

My heart goes out to anyone who has recently lost a fuzzbutt (or in
Sobriety's case, a fuzzlessbutt).

Julie and The Fuzz Factory --Misty and Charity
In Loving Memory of Sobriety