From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 10:40:10 EDT
<Someone was wondering if their fuzzy would be ok in an apartment with cool
temp's like 50 degrees>

Remember that your fuzzies have fur coats.  If they are allowed to get used
to the cool temperatures gradually and naturally (not just take a fuzzy used
to 75 degrees and plunk them into a 50 degree environment), they should do
just fine.  Their coat will gradually get thicker and they'll be more than
warm enough.

Make sure to have lots of fuzzy, warm places for your little guy to curl up
in.  They stay quite warm when they're all snuggled into blankets and such.
We keep our place cooler in the winter than most folks do.  We have it 65
degrees when we up and about and 61 degrees at night or when we're not home.
The kids do just fine with those temperatures since they have all fall to
get used to the coolness.  We haven't yet turned on the heat and some nights
have been pretty cool - especially since windows were still open!  :) I
think that the kids and us are healthier because of the cooler temperatures.

One very important fact to remember is that you are WARM and are probably
wearing a sweater or sweatshirt in a cool apartment which gives your fuzzies
even more of a reason to curl up and cuddle with you.  Squirt and Pippi
found that sleeping under the covers with us at night was a good and WARM
thing to do in the winter.  (This is something different to get used to.)

-kim, mike, squirt (can spend hours cuddled with mike), pippi (to much of
 a girl-of-action to cuddle much), atlas (probably going to be a cuddler
 when he slows down), and hijinx (the nipper-kin!)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life, I
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.