From:
Anna G Ralya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 1996 11:41:52 -0400
Molly and Obelix and Cwynn were reading the FML with me yesterday (albeit
with much nips and squabbling with each other to get the best position on my
lap -- heh, kids.) and have all requested me to talk on their behalf and
throw ourself headlong and willy-nilly, into the fewwet mawwiage discussion.
They are too shy to talk by themselves because ferret accents seem to annoy
certain people, and boy do my fuzzy sharks have a strong "New Yawk" accent.=P

It seems that there are three basic kinds of posts on the FML.... sad posts
(sick and dying ferrets), scientific posts (greenies, disc. of Egyptian
origins of ferts), and fun(ny) posts (fun(ny) because they are meant in fun,
but some people just don't find them funny.).

Of the first, we five (fuzzies and hooman beans), don't mind reading about
them because some end on happy notes, and though we occasionally feel sad or
mad (as was in the case of Dayna's miracle-baby), we feel very honoured in
sharing such a private matter with the folk involved.

Of the second variety of posts, I find them extremely interesting, my
husband so-and-so depending on how understandable the scientific jargon is
=P (about as understandable as fewwet accents, hmmmm?), and the ferts tend
to be really puzzled and confused ("Whassa yooroobean fert, Mom?  Am I a
Yooroobean too?  Are yoorobeans good to eats, Mom?).

And of the fun(ny) posts --- well, when the day hasn't been going on too
well, or everyone's just feeling grumpy and yawny because of an impromptu
mock-war late in the morning between our staunch FLO agents and the combined
forces of the hooman beans and the C. A. T., it's just simply a wonderful
thing to see.  The three love reading about Odie and Tatie's marriage to
Rosie and Max; they say it's like having their very own special soap opera.
The hooman beans are more divided on the subject; my husband thinks it's a
silly way to write but doesn't mind too much because it does add a bit of
humor to the FML, and I personally like it simply because hey, I'm a little
mad myself --- aren't all ferret-folk?  There's a little lispy ferret in
every one of us.

P.S. - I do like the way the marriage posts have been moved exclusively
to the evening post -- seems to be the best way to resolve the whole
issue, IMO:  After all, everyone is entitled to read what he or she wants
to, and entitled to ignore whatever he or she doesn't!

                                        Anna G. Ralya

P. P. S. - The fuzzy three send their warmest congratulations to the lucky
fuzzies to be wed, and wish much Linatone and raisins in their futures.