Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 15:00:39 -0500
INCOMPATIBLE FERRETS
Have you tried putting the more aggressive one in the bathroom and the
"newbie" in the cage with his friendlier brother for a couple of weeks?
Maybe Kris is just being territorial.  The answer might be to temporarily
switch territories.

NASTY BITING
I was happy to read that in severe bite cases, where skin is being torn
(either yours or theirs), the suggestion was made to give the meanie a dunk
in a bucket of water or under a running faucet.  I wanted to make this
suggestion myself, but was afraid of flaming.  Of course don't drown your
ferret in the process.  In case anyone thinks this is cruel, you could try
squirting the offender in the mouth with a squirtgun that is filled with
vinegar.  If even THAT doesn't work, zap him with pepperspray.  There is no
excuse for a nasty biting ferret.  Just kiddin' about the pepperspray!

BUCKETS
Mine both go complete crazy whenever I lift a bucket just above their heads.
Maybe they think I'm trying to hide something in the bucket and the
suspicion is killing them.  The only thing that is usually in the bucket is
"cage trash" from the bunny pens.  If I'm not careful the ferrets will snag
the end of the bucket and dump the disgusting contents in a heap all over
their heads.  And they seem to like it!

DOGS AND FERRETS
Someone gave me "credit" where it was not deserved.  I was talking about
breed PROPENSITY, and different dog breeds that are bred for different
tasks.  Like I already said, the propensity is there, and one should keep
such things in mind.  For some reason, Nancy slammed me for this, then
agreed later in her post, with what I said, w/o seeming to realize it.  BTW,
a pit bull/shepherd mix could swing in either direction and it would be
ridiculous to combine these two breeds and expect to come out with a
fighter.  Nor would I assume, as I was given credit for, that this mix of
breeds is a nasty, vicious animal.  German shepherds are my favorite breed
of dog.

PET STORES
If they didn't exist, then I don't think ferrets or other "uncommon" pets
would be very popular.  At least give them credit for that.

-cadel