Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 13:27:12 -0400
Rocky has had insulinoma for about 1.5 yrs, and he's being treated with
prednisolone 0.25mg and diazoxide 0.2ml. The last time we were at the
vet (4 mo. ago), his BG was 82. Since he had a swollen belly from the
pred and his BG was good, she cut his dose in half from 0.25 mg twice a
day to 0.25 mg once a day. (I divide it into 2 doses.) When we saw the
vet yesterday, his BG was only 65, but the vet didn't want to raise his
meds because he looked so good and she didn't consider it clinically
too low. If she were going to raise it, it would be the diazoxide not
the pred.

Isn't this kind of a low reading? It was a 4 hour fast. Recently he
hasn't been quite as active, but that's typical when the weather gets
hot, so it's hard to tell.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, please let me know.

Best of health to all fuzzies.

Shron & Rocky