From:
Kerry Barstad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:24:40 EST
Hello Everyone,

Long time reader, second time poster.  Here's the situation.  Lilly just
turned three on Wednesday and we are fairly certain she is adrenal.  She
has hair loss, which began in April, slightly swollen vulva, and she loves
to preen.  She will get her surgery, I'm not worried about that.  Lilly
belongs in a group of three (two other boys).  Cody is the alpha male and
has always loved Lilly.  But recently he has taken to beating her up.  When
Sam died, Cody and Lilly kept trying to tell us something was wrong, so we
know they know when one is dying.  Can they tell when one is sick?  I don't
want to stress her out, so I let them all out to play until Cody starts
being mean.  Then he gets time out.  I don't think she should be punished
for being sick.  Has anyone experienced this before?  I would appreciate
any thoughts on the matter.  Thanks in advance.

My thoughts go out to all who have lost loved ones recently and those who
are sick or lost.

Kerry, Lilly, Cody and Jack