Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 00:40:45 EDT
Victor Hanson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>4) we just go back from Petco and I was looking at the ferrets when the
>sails lady was cleaning out the cage and she told me if I was going to
>touch the ferrets that I should use some Purel or something like that,I
>was woundering can this hurt them in any way or get sick from it???????I
>never had to do that before.

It sounds like this Petco is exceptionally good!  The Purel (or whatever)
is one of the new hand sanitizers.  As long as you allow the product to dry
before petting the animals, it will not hurt them.

It is an excellent idea (or policy) to use something like this before
handling an animal in a pet store.  It will significantly reduce the
spread of disease among the animals.

Many ferret shows are using these hand sanitizers as well.

Kim and the Super Six