Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 12:27:56 -0500
Hi y'all!

My uncle recently found a stray ferret in his front yard and was unable to
locate its previous owner.  He knew I always wanted a ferret, and so now I'm
a proud and excited ferret owner.  (This is in addition to two cats.  One
kitty is also a stray.  I have a weakness for stray animals.)

Here's my current question.  I read something somewhere on the internet and
cannot find the reference again.  It was something about the nutritional
needs of the ferret changing once they matured and needing less protien?  In
fact, it seemed to imply that it was actually necessary to reduce the
protein for medical reasons.  I'm not sure how old Chloe is.  The vet
estimated 2-3.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little bit about
changing nutritional needs of ferrets, and give some advice about what type
of food to feed Chloe.  Right now I have her on the "growth" or high protein
foods.  I'm worried that she is too old though.

Thanks for any help in advance.  I'm also open to any other ferret advice
for relatively new owners too of course!

Amy and Chloe