From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 04:04:35 EST
Well, today I got so upset I could just <poof!!!>

You know I've had Patch for a while.  Still having trouble integrating him
into the flurry.  Certain other ferts just want to terrorize the poor
little thing <little?  He's gotten larger then most of them !!>.

Anyway, my friend Nori came over today with a DEW female named Nikki.
Nikki is a true sweetheart.  Well, we put Nikki in the kids room to see
what would happen.  Nikki began to play and dook around, all the others
joined her.  She even wrestled around with the cat without reservation.
GRRRRRRR!!!!  My kids accept a total stranger but still have trouble
accepting Patch !!

Nori and I then went to my local Petco to pick up some things.  I must
say that I read some of the comments from fellow FML'rs about their local
Petcos and I feel truly blessed !!!  The Petco I deal with has several
ferret knowledgeable persons working there.  Since they have gotten to know
me they will open up the kritter container and let me play with the kids.
Nori and I regularly play with the kids and act as Fuzzy Ambassadors,
explaining about ferts to customers who come and ask questions.

Anyone who wants to pet one of the kritters HAS to use the hand sanitizers
to prevent spreading germs.  We hold the kids while they pet them to reduce
the chance of biting or accidents.  Nori has been owned by ferts for over
10 years and has also bred them.  Between her and I we have been able to
answer many questions and know what other resources we can refer people to
such as shelters, the FML, etc..

Today we noticed that there were some kids who have been there quite a
while.  We kinda named them already.  One is a DEW male with a prominent
black mark on his tail.  Kinda looks like someone dipped it in a can of
paint.  Nori had named him Van Gogh.  A light chocolate colored male was
named Mocha by me several weeks ago.  Both Van Gogh and Mocha are very
lovable and very kute kids.  We could not understand why they had been
there so long.

Well, I spoke with one of the managers, she too shook her head.  She had
gotten several litters in since Mocha and Van Gogh had arrived.  She felt
real bad that they had not found homes yet.  As they get larger, most
people don't want them.  they prefer the 'oh-so-kute-babies'.  The manager
made an offer that surprised both Nori and I.  But the offer was for both
kids.  I think Nori and I both said "YES!!" at the same time without
reservation!  I'm not certain who was dooking around more - Nori and I or
Mocha and Van Gogh !!!!!

Mocha will be spending quarantine with Van Gogh at Noris house.  Mocha then
will be coming here to live with me and Van Gogh will stay with Nori.

Oh, and Nikki ?  She has made herself so at home with my kids that she will
be a house guest for a little while <LOL!!!  She REFUSED to leave !!!!>

Warm Fuzzies !!!!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~
Mist the Fer-Kat           INTRODUCING MOCHA !!!
Guardian Fur-Angels -
~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury~Little Boy~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!
Please see KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                  http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
KRITTER KREW - http://hometown.aol.com/kwildheart/myhomepage/pet.html

Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.