From:
Angela Huser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:05:00 -0600
Denise,

I would not worry about it!  If your fuzzy seems alarmed by it, just do
what you can to comfort them-giving them a drink, a treat, etc.  I have 9
fuzzies, and I can say on any given day, they all get them at least once
a day!  I wouldn't give them a treat all of the time, because their
pancreas is not built for sugary treats all the time!  I give mine a tiny
dose of Ferretone or hairball remedy.  It seems to calm them down just
fine.  It doesn't seem to bother ours, and they continue on with their
mischief.

Ferrets get hiccups generally from excitement, similar to hooman beans
and other furry animals.  Young kits will get the hiccups from eating
food too fast or drinking their water too fast!  Older weezils will get
them too for no real apparent reason, but sometimes the same as the kits.

If you feel it maybe more than just hiccups, of course, consult your vet.

Angela and the crew (Rugsey, Ralphie, Daisy, Dagwood, Bingo, Bear,
Peekers, Pepper and the newbie-Alexander)