From:
Mustela Putorious <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:15:13 -0700
There are times when I greet a creature at the Rainbow Bridge that I am
in absolute awe of the transformation they make once they have crossed
over.  Sometimes they are so old or sick before they cross, it is almost
a blessing to those left behind, finding comfort in the fact that their
loved one is at peace and no longer suffering.

Pebbles crossed the Bridge recently and it was amazing to watch her
change right before my eyes.  When she arrived at the Bridge she was
pained, hunched over, squinting and a bit shaky.  In one smooth
transition she stood tall, she blinked her eyes a few times, then she
stretched and let out a great sigh.  She looked right at me and said
"I...I...can see you."

Then her bright eyes showed recognition and she said, "This must be The
Rainbow Bridge.  I often wondered if this place was real or imagined...I
know I hoped it would be real and I prayed that someday I would travel
here."

I smiled at her..."This is the place.  How do you feel?" I asked

She grinned, "I feel wonderful!  It's been a very long time since I have
felt this good.  All of my pains are gone...and I can see so clearly
now!!"

I extended a paw, "I am Musty Pete, I am one of the Bridge
Greeters....here to greet you, Miss Pebbles."

She took my big paw in hers and said "Very nice to meet you Musty Pete.
What a beautiful place this is, more beautiful than I had ever imagined."
She gazed out across the meadows and streams, smiling softly.

"Would you like to take a walk Miss Pebbles?  There is very much to see
and it is such a beautiful day, I hate to waste it."  She took my arm
and we walked towards The Meadows, I was hoping some of the youngsters
might be having a game of Tag or Hide & Go Seek.  As we walked I pointed
out some of the beautiful plants and trees, we have everything up here,
from small Chinese elm trees to giant sequoia's, all sorts of woodland
creatures scamper by and call this place home.  We have so many beautiful
plants and flowers of all colors and fragrance.  There are birds and
flutterby's that flit from flower to flower.  The weather is al most
always perfect, clear blue skies with puffy white clouds, and rainbows!!
There are always rainbows!

Pebbles looked at everything, so pleased to be able to gaze upon this
place.  Her heart was so happy, but there was still a bit of sadness in
her.

"Why are you troubled Pebbles?" I asked

"Oh, I am wondering about the wonderful 'family' I had to leave behind.
Surely they are sad and that upsets me."

"Well, I can tell you this much, Yes, they are sad that you had to leave
them  but they are also at peace because they understand that you will
not have to suffer anymore, your pain is gone and you can dance and play
like you used to.  And that makes their hearts happy.  So even though
they will miss you, they are also happy for you...and they will always
love you, nothing will ever change that." I said.

Pebbles nodded, I knew she understood, but I could see her heart was
still a bit heavy.  Sometimes it takes a little time for a new arrival
to get comfortable up here, it's never easy to leave the ones you love
behind.  The one saving grace is that everyone up here understands that
one day they will have a wonderful reunion with everyone they have loved
on Earth.

I patted Pebbles on her shoulder and said, "It will get easier Miss
Pebbles.  It just takes some time."

Send requests to [log in to unmask]