From:
"Ed Crist Sr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 09:47:15 EDT
Hi Shirley!

For any ferret households that have had a known ADV positive ferret,
attendees must provide test results on United's letterhead with each
ferret's name, along with the test results.  The test must have been
done within 8 weeks prior to the show date.  This is going to become
the standard AFA requirement for all shows for those attendees who have
or have had known ADV positive ferrets in their care.

Attendees must also provide the standard proof for distemper and rabies
vaccinations between the dates of 6-3-1999 and 5-6-2000 and the
documentation must have the fervac-d bottle labels or a written statement
from the vet stating fervac-d was used and the serial numbers listed.
Documentation for rabies must be the individual rabies certificates with
the ferret's names and the name and serial number of the vaccine used.

AFA is pleased that you are able to attend Super Ferret Expo as a vendor.
Only because AFA has been working with Super Pet Expo, ferret-related
vendors and shelters were able to get table space for less than the
standard $525 booth fee, but we must ask that as a participant at an AFA
event you assist us with our goals to "Promote, Protect and Provide"
domesticated ferrets.  Because the real risks of ADV are not known
entirely, we must take extra precautions to protect the health of the
ferrets participating in the show and the health of ferrets who live in the
homes of show attendees.  The AFA Board has discussed the above stated
policy and agreed that it is the prudent course to take at this time.  We
continue to encourage the participation of the ferret owning community as
we learn more about ADV and as our policies evolve.  You may reach any
member of our board through email as follows:

 [adresses deleted for this post.  BIG]

Please feel free to contact me, or any board member for further discussion.

Take care!

Vickie
AFA Shows & Special Events Director
Hi to all
I received the above correspondence from Shirley Hertzog prior to the
Baltimore show and I feel that AFA Special Events Director Vickie McKimmey
should not have singled out WarmFuzzy with the CC going only to its own
board members.  If anyone else received this type of correspondence from
AFA please let us know by Email to me or post it on the FML As for Galaxy D
no ferret that I know of has ever got distemper and the Vets that I have
asked all give their approval on it.  As long as the distemper shot does
what it is supposed to do why fight it.  As for the Hertzogs, this is their
livelihood and they would not do anything to jeopardize it.  Shirley has
done everything she can to help with the ADV and take care of the problem
with AFA people fighting her all the way.  I have even had correspondence
with AFA members and asked them to help Shirley and this is what they do.
More to follow.

Happy Flat Ferreting
Ed Sr., Potto, Fuzzy, & Samantha Crist ( [log in to unmask] )