From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:55:38 -0400
BART! tends to smell a little stronger than some ferrets, but we like
that smell. He has had an issue with his tail looking dirty and a
little "ratty" near the end of this summer. I have noticed that his
tail gets an oily, orangish buildup on it (looks very similar to the
color and consistency of ferret's earwax). The boys like to get in the
shower with me, so I have been cleaning BART!'s tail with shampoo. This
seems to be helping the hair grow back, maybe unclogging the pores and
follicles? I have also noticed that BART! gets the orangey, waxy stuff
in the webs between his toes (underneath). It is very strong smelling.
Has anyone else noticed this on their ferrets? Loki just has the normal
earwax and doesn't smell as strong as BART! They are both MF, so
neutered and descented.

Lesley