From:
Dayna Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:31:07 -0800
Hi all,
Gonzo vomited up a hairball yesterday.  A big one.  I give Ferret-lax 2
times a week and have been doing that for about three years with him.
So, despite the ferret lax, he vomited a hairball.  He goes to the vet
Wed. for shots and a anuall exam.  He is eating and drinking fine and
his poop is normal.  Should i get him in sooner or is he in no apparent
danger.  Also, I have never been to this vet before so i would like to
know what he should do in regards to checking to make sure this hairball
is out and he is O.K.  Any thing i should be pushing for?

Some of you may remember the post about 8 in One having a quality control
issue because someone opened up a tube of ferret vite and it just didn't
look right.  Well, it happened to me today when I squeezed out some
Marshall Farms Ferret Lax.  It didn't look like petroleum jelly like it
usaully does.  It looked like pure Molasses.  I stick by what I said
about us having to watch out for our ferrets.  If anybody else has had
this same problem with a new tube (expires 03/05) I would love to know
about it.

I would also like anyone out there in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan,
who is looking for a girl ferret around the age of THREE, to stop in at
the Marquette County Humane Society.  We need a good home for this little
girl named Cooney.

Dayna, Gonzo, Kodo, & Daisy

=====
I LOVE FERRETS!