From:
"Byrd, Heather R." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 10:46:15 -0400
Hello All,
I thought I would get on the bandwagon about ferret names.  I think we
call them by their nicknames more than their given names.  In fact, I
believe there are only 2 who know their real name at all : )

Abby (3.5 yr old Silver Mitt)-Abby Dabby Doodle, Doodle, Doodle butt,
Doodie, Dude, Miss Pantaloon Pants (when she runs she looks like she's
wearing old fashioned pantaloons from behind-hence the most descriptive
name), TicTac Queen (loves Orange TicTacs to the point of obsession!)

Andre-(1 yr old blaze-deaf)-Chunk, Mr Chunk, Mr. Chunky, Sir Chunk, Mr.
Big Stuff, Chunky Butt (though these names seem not to apply since he
lost all his winter weight, however the names have stuck already) and
Corn Chip boy

Annie-(1 yr old blaze-deaf)-New Girl, Newgie, Nougat, Nugget, Nugget
Bunkins, Nuggie Bunkins, Bunkins (do you see an evolutional theme occuring
here?) or I'm very busy, mom, hurry and give me a kiss, I have to go!
girl, or Look, It's SpiderWoman!, aka Flying Weasel

Arthur-(6 month old DEW-deaf)-Artie, Artie Farty (due to atrocious gas
as a young kit, phew!), Artie Farty Pants, Farty Pants, Fatty Pants(he's
4 lbs), Mr Pants, Sir Farty

Avery aka Sleepy-(5 yr old?  rescue, silver)-Sleepy, Sleepy Peepy, Peepy,
Peepy Man, Peepster, Old Man

Bob-(5 month old blaze)-Bob, B-O-B Bob, Bob Longtail, B-O-B!, Bobalicious,
Bobaloo, Bobapalooza, Bobby

As to the post regarding the play pen and keeping the "kids" in: you may
want to try a piece of netting over the top and secured to the sides.
It would give them an extra climbing surface in the process.  They could
imagine they were in ferret boot camp scaling across the netting!  Or you
may try a piece of plexiglass cut to fit the top of the playpen with a
few airholes drilled in at intervals.  Hope you find a solution that
works for you.  Good Luck!

Heather and Becky
with our kids-Abby, Andre, Annie, Arthur, Avery/Sleepy, and Bob!
Missing Ally

Heather R. Byrd
First Community Insurance
Flood Department