From:
SukieCrandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 17:38:49 -0500
Blockage are difficult, and, yes, they can sometimes kill rapidly.  Full
blockages often kill within 48 hours.  It's a major reason why people
watch stools as well as intake, and why ferret-proofing is so important.

Please, learn from this rather than beating yourself up.  Look at what
happened here yesterday.  Thank goodness Steve caught Ashling when he did.
She scaled a piece of furniture which has NEVER have a ferret scale it in
around 19 years and 8 months.  I had Allegra up there!  That is fatal for
them (as are an assortment of other prescription and OTC meds).  Had to
totally re-arrange where many things are as a result.

All that any of us can do is to live and learn.

I am very sorry that you suffered this, but as a friend once told me, "As
long as they are in your heart they are never truly gone.".

What you taught will save others, as will what you learned.