From:
Russ Latham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 10:30:20 EDT
I would like to respond to some postings I have read regarding ferret
diets.  I recently took "Sandy" (6 yr old female, spade and descented) to
the vet for a check up.  I was amazed at the news I received from the vet.
She said that "Sandy" was the healthiest 6 yr old female she had ever seen.
Much of it is due to lots of prayer, but her diet has been the same from
the day I got her when she was only a few months old.  Frieskies Special
Diet cat food & Purina tarter control Whisker Lickin's cat treats and water
of course.  This is her total diet.  Food out 24 hrs a day and about 5
treats a day.  An occasional lick of ice cream or a small taste of "human
food" every now and again, but thats it.  The vet was amazed at how healthy
her teeth and fur were also.  I have never had one signal health problem
with her "praised God".  I don't claim this to be some sort of miracle
diet.  The vet has asked me to clip out the ingredient labels so she can
see what is in them.  Just thought I would share this with you.

Hugs to all of yours..
Russ & "Sandy"