From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 1995 09:59:51 -0400
Linda Iroff asked if ferret's faces are differently shaped if neutered
young - yes, but that's not the only change.  Ferrets neutered young will
have slenderer faces - more rat-like and slender, less jowly and blunt.
They'll also weigh less...i get the impression that they'll be less
stocky and broad. I saw a wonderful intact male of Micki Wingate's who
was gruff, stocky, and had a very cat-like face - very wide.

MA peoples:  calling and giving your name in support of the ferret bill
doesnt necessarily imply that you own ferrets. Get your friends and
parents and siblings to call too; all you have to say is, "Im a
constituent and would like to express to Sen X my support of Bill #."
They'll ask if you want a written response, and i have a suspicion it
shows up better on the record if you've got names of real residents.
Potpie and me got a written response from Gov. Engler (*dance, caper*)
after the MI bill was passed, and i've saved it as a joyful reminder - i
couldnt have gotten it if i hadnt left my name and address.

Well, Friday's gone to a new home for the summer - I didnt have the time
to spend with two seperate ferrets every day, nor the room in my house to
keep them seperated and let each of them have adequate playspace, nor the
time to de-nip-train and correctly litter-train Friday, plus i had
housemates that this was inconveniencing, so...
It turns out one of the women in my office has a female MF sable who had
been moping since being seperated from two companions, and whose owner
was more than happy to try cheering her up with a companion. I took
Friday over there, and within *minutes* they were tumbling about on the
floor happily, chewing on each other, squeaking, and chasing each other
around. The owner said she hadnt heard her sable dook since seperated
from her friends, and there she was, chuckling away as they wrestled.
After i went home, Potpie knew Friday was /gone/, not just out playing,
and her mood altered drastically from nervous and hyper to affectionate
and playful. I wish i could've made it work, but both weasels seem
happier (all three, in fact!) this way.

Melissa & Potpie

      Melissa Litwicki         "It's big, sharp teeth and claws versus
      [log in to unmask]              a mind of questionable wit."