From:
"Tim C. Watson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 12:15:05 EST
Salena was laid to rest today Tuesday April 2nd, 1996.  Tammie and I brought
her back from the Vets.  We laid her on her orange hammock, covered her with
two little white towels I used to "tuck her in" with, then took her other
blue hammock and laid that on top.  We then packed a few of her favorite
toys with her; a little stuffed Santa Claus, a little stuffed stocking, a
catnip "tube sock", a lid to something she used to love to drag around, and
a cut off end of an extension cord that she also drug around.  Salena was a
Silver Mitt so I had bought her a bright neon pink collar that had a bright
green bell, she didn't like the collar but would tolerate it on special
occasions ...  for a little while.  She also had a little name tag.  We
fastened the collar / bell / nametag to the tied up hammocks ...  why make
her wear it now?  We then wrapped her and her "stash" in a blue towel she
sometimes slept in/with.  At 11:40 AM with a beautiful sunny sky we laid her
to rest in our back yard close to Muench the cat who we laid to rest January
'95.  Tammie my wife put some fresh spring flowers on Salena's grave.  I
arranged some white landscape stones in the shape of a little cross.  We
told her we loved her and missed her.

At the Vets we talked to Dr.  Werwa again and he said that basically her
heart was enlarged, there was fluid around it, and some bleeding; also her
lungs had fluid in them and had collapsed.

Salena <RB> (the folks on some of CompuServe's Pet Forums use <RB> to denote
a pet that has gone on to The Rainbow Bridge), we miss you, we love you.  We
know you tried as hard as you could to try to get better.  We know Dr.
Werwa and his staff did all they could to help.  Goodbye little fuzzy
friend.  :(

-- Tim, Tammie and Haily