From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:44:52 -0500
I have been watching the list here for the past few weeks and I have
been noticing there are allot of ferrets on the giving tree that are
not being chosen. I asked myself why this is because the shelter that I
live near all of their kids that were put on the tree have already been
taken. I have come to the conclusion that maybe it is not the kids but
maybe the shelter owner that is the reason the kids are not getting
picked.

Now I do not want anyone to take this the wrong way because I could
never do what you do. I give all of the shelter operators allot of
credit and I wish that I could help them all. The shelter operator that
I know sends out a thank you card for everything. No matter what it is,
help at the shelter, transporting kids to the vet or donations. I mean
everything even when you say not to send one you usually get one in
the mail anyway. I know you all are probably thinking that you do not
have time to do this and that this shelter operator must have more
time than you but no, this person does not. This operator has multiple
jobs on top of the shelter duties. And this person does it all on their
own. Only getting occasional help from shelter friends. The point I am
trying to make here is that maybe instead of focusing on what you did
or did not get for help, instead be thankful for what you do get and
maybe things will turn around for you. A two min thank you card allot
of times will go along way in most peoples minds.