From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 14:58:28 -0400
Got Noodle back today - called the vet this morning and they reported he was
jumping around in his cage throwing a towel around.  The vet (Dr. Jantzi in
Brighton at Town & Country) was wonderful - talked to me on the phone,
brought Noodle out herself, prescribed Baytril to prevent infection, and
told me how Noodle had charmed everyone in the clinic by being cuter,
cuddlier, and more loving than any of the other ferrets they'd seen lately.
Hee!

There is much less blood in his urine today and none in his stool, so the
current theory is that his bladder was bruised in the accident.  Again, he's
still very active (and cute) and i realize how amazingly, miraculously lucky
i am that he's still with me - i am going to be more vigilant than ever now
(of course, my roommates and SO already think i'm overprotective and cuckoo:).

For those listreaders who ask for help in acquiring a ferret because they're
financially strapped - trust me, dont get a ferret unless you reliably have
a few hundred dollars to spare in case of emergency.  Someone posted about
acquiring a credit card - if you can do it, it's the best emergency
possession EVER.  If all four (knock on wood) of my ferrets suffered an
accident or illness at once, i have the credit and the income to insure they
would all be treated.  Even just ONE ferret WILL reliably cost you a few
hundred dollars at one or two times in their lives, either through getting
sick, being in an accident, or eating something.  Expect a minimum emergency
bill of $100.  Period.  Dont get a ferret unless you can come up with that
on a moment's notice.

Melissa

      Melissa Litwicki                              "Is it ... atomic?"
      [log in to unmask]                             "Yes! VERY atomic!"