From:
Tim Kindblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 01:11:04 -0800
Hi all,

We drove thru Las Vegas on our way from Portland, OR to Phoenix, AZ and we
stopped briefly to see the sights and try our luck.

In front of Caesars' Palace was a homeless man with a cage squatting in the
middle of sidewalk and attracting quite a crowd.  He had an assortment of
pets on leashes in front of him, which included a rabbit, a cat, and TWO
FERRETS!  He also had a four foot long snake in a sack.  There were two
coffee cans set out and people were dropping in money.

The ferrets had sable markings and looked well fed and active.  They
attracted the most attention and, being on a ten foot long tether, had the
most freedom of the pets and they made the most of it, meeting people, doing
all the things ferrets do.

When I saw this, I had mixed feelings.  Is this good or bad?  When we came
back, the beggar was still camped out there, but with both ferrets sound
asleep in his lap and he had the snake out and "exercising".

Anybody out in Las Vegas know anything about this? This happened March 18th.

Tim Kindblade