Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:52:39 EDT
Well, I guess I should be glad that I have such a great vet.....

We picked up a pair of ferrets from the local SPCA - owner released. I was
going to the vet the next day, so I decided to let my vet do the distemper
shots, get them the exams now instead of later, and make my day easier....
I was *very* glad I made that decision later on!

A cute pair, he's a sable with a blaze, she's a typical sable.  We (the vet
tech, vet and I) decided to name the pair "Moose" (he weighs 1560g) and
"Piper" (she weighs 640g).  My SO suggested "Moose" and "Squirrel" for all
you Bullwinkle fans :)  Anyway - while examining Piper, the vet got this
look that I don't like on his face - I said "Uh oh, what?".  Piper was
visibly jumping each time he examined one part of her stomach.  He said
there is something hard in her stomach - I think we should do x-rays.  I
agreed, and we found a suspicious mass.  I told him to go ahead with
surgery.  Dr. Fisher found two hairballs, one that was 2" long and the
other about half that size. <sigh>  I was told that she is recovering well
and should be able to come home soon...

Hugs to all the fuzzies....and watch out for those hairballs...

Lisa, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854