From:
Dani Loftin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 17:39:30 -0700
I really hate to post a repetitive message, but I'm very curious about this
topic.

My two ferrets are seeming a bit on the down side lately as well.  I got
them last June... Nero is about 15 months and I believe Wheazey to be a
little past a year.

This would be our first time going through the shedding season.  Anyway,
they are usually two spunky and playful little ferrets.  But just in the
past week or so I've noticed that they are kind of listless and bored
looking.  They just lay around and don't want to play at all!  After much
squeaking of a toy or something they'll come and play for a minute or two,
but then they just go hide it in a corner and go back to lazing about.  I
feel like I'm bothering them!  I give them their ferret-lax as directed...
as well as treats and new toys... walks outside!  What else can I do?  Is
this behavior normal?  They're still eating and pooping like usual.  Can
someone please direct me to more information on this subject?  I really
don't know what's going on.

Thank you,
dani