From:
SALLY J WHARTON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 1996 10:40:33 -0500
Judi:

Your posting distressed me last week, but as I have never attempted before
to post on the FML, it has taken your most recent posting to push me to
respond.

I am sure that you stated your perception of the events as they occurred.
When I read your first posting I was stunned when you finally gave the name
as the Pet Pad, because I have dealt with them for a long time, and know
their feelings about ferrets, as well as the deep love the manager has for
all ferrets.

You description of the window in which they were playing was not quite
accurate with regard to the sunlight and the amount of air space.  You
didn't mention that the store has air conditioning.  I saw the ferrets
Saturday...they had been in the window Friday, but Saturday there were
kittens playing in the same space.

The Pet Pad is not only sympathetic to ferrets, they are genuinely loving
and caring.  I have never seen treatment of ANY animal in that store as you
described in your first posting.  They care about all ferrets and work hard
to find home for rescues.

As I said, I am sure that your posting reflects your perception of the
events, but based on what I have seen and know about these people, I would
like the other FML readers to know that there are other opinions.  You can
build an entire case after-the-fact about what they SHOULD have done rather
than sell you your ferret, Riley, but as far as I am concerned it sounds a
little too much like you are just working to reinforce your already negative
perception.

I don't know who Barb Carlson is, but if she is a ferret-person in
Pittsburgh I am sure she is familiar with the Pet Pad.  I am interested in
hearing what she has to say.

Sally Wharton  (Prodigy BVBZ15A)