From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 09:46:08 CDT
I think that ovens should be ferretproofed if a ferret ever has free run
by the oven.  I don't think it is sufficient to lock them up only when
one is using the appliance.  We have a gas oven/stove.  Before we had
completely ferret proofed the appliance (we had blocked in the bottom -
but not the sides or top - which we thought was sufficient) we found Nina
once curled up underneath the top of the stove (in between all of the
burners) curled up next to where the pilot light is (which she must have
blown out).  She was sleeping there just breathing fumes.  The hair on
her ears was singed - but she didn't care.  We came home, smelled gas and
began to investigate the oven pilot light - it was on.  Then we lifted up
the big metal top - and there was Nina sleeping peacefully (or maybe the
gas fumes knocked her out)...  I say - ferret proof the stove completely
if the ferret is ever near it.  My opinion.  CL