From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 08 Nov 1994 16:16:31 -0800
Hey Kristen,

     When I d my ferret Julia, she also had fleas.  I got rid of them
last January, and they haven't come back.  What I did was give her
a bath in cat flea shampoo every other week and I sprayed out on
the patio and around her cage.  Also, I changed her bedding VERY
often, and cleaned out her house so there weren't any eggs around.
ALSO, I gave her baths in baby shampoo between her flea shampoos
to kill juvenile fleas.
     The trick with fleas is to realize that eggs aren't easily
destroyed.  Therefore, you must give baths OFTEN to kill fleas
on the ferret, and use SOMETHING to get rid of the fleas around
the house.  I used a FLEA FOGGER on my house in conjunction with
frequent baths.

By the way, I use (this may sound strange, but it works) paper towels
for Julia's bedding.  This works well, because she can tear them up,
then I can change them when they get smelly or dirty.  I fold about
10-15 towels up into a thick mat and put that into the box in her
cage.  This way I have a disposable bedding.  This was especially
helpful in getting rid of fleas, because I could change it OFTEN.
Since I live in a warm climate, Southern CA., this may not work for
everyone.

D.E.    Brea, CA