From:
Arlena Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:48:12 -0500
Toothpaste Labeled Colgate Recalled In Four States!

FDA Tests Found Antifreeze Chemical;
Agency Unsure If Items Are Counterfeit!

Five-ounce tubes of toothpaste labeled Colgate and sold in discount
stores in four states are being recalled because they may contain a
poisonous chemical, according to the importer.

A Food and Drug Administration official, Doug Arbesfeld, confirmed that
testing had found the chemical in a product with the Colgate label. But
he said the agency is unsure if it is really Colgate or a counterfeit.

"We are aware that toothpaste is something that's been counterfeited
in the past," he said. "We don't want to alarm people unnecessarily."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19214360/

The Anti-Freeze Contaminated Colgate Toothpaste was distributed in
Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.

From what I heard on this morning's newscast, the Colgate Toothpaste in
question is counterfeit. It was made in and imported from the Republic
Of South Africa. On the package, there are many misspelled words and
grammar errors.

Colgate-Palmolive does not have a manufacturing plant in the Republic
Of South Africa. So, if you have a package, which contain the words
Made In The Republic Of South Africa or Made In South Africa, discard
the toothpaste.

I know some of us brush the teeth of our kiddies. For the sake of your
kiddies, do not use this Counterfeit Colgate Toothpaste.