Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 14:02:31 -0400
I just had to throw out almost 4 lbs. of ferret food that was in a sealed
plastic container because of mold.  I feed Chance two or three kinds of
food to give him variety.  In a one- ferret household I would find it
helpful if the food manufacturers offered their products in smaller sizes,
i.e., one or two pound bags.  The same goes for the Totally Ferret Senior
food.  You may only have one senior ferret and five pounds lasts a long
time.  I'm looking in the Ferret Store catalog and the smallest bag of
their Superior Choice diet is 5 lbs.  I see the Totally Ferret for active
ferrets is offered in a one pound bag, but you have to buy 5 lbs. for the
senior food.  8 in 1 Ultimate diet is offered in 4.4 lbs.  and Zupreem is
offered in 4 lbs.  I could really use the last two in one or two pound
bags.  If I feed Chance three types of food, I really don't need to have
12-15 lbs.  of food on hand, which resulted in one spoiling.  Any food
manufacturers or one-ferret households care to comment?

Regards,
Moxie and Chance