From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:20:23 EDT
Hey Fellow FMLers..

Ok so maybe I am about to open a can of worms but after seeing the
horrible condition of the ferrets in the pictures I am a bit, well mighty
angry with someone but who?  Dianne Bachman is well known in ferret
circles back east.  She has won many awards over the years, and yes I
seen the pictures with the ribbons and plaques in dirty cages.  I wonder
about Ms. Bachman's mental state.  Is she suffering from deep depression?
Bi-polar disorder?  I am trying to fathom why a person who obviously
loves (or loved at one time perhaps) ferrets.  Yeah at times my frets
have long toe nails and I have to have a trimming party, but they never
have to wade in filth, or have dirty blankies or hammocks.  Well I take
that back..  I have put in clean hammocks and have one of the oldsters
make a mess in it right off the bat but hey when ya have oldsters, whadda
expect???  LOL.

I also have a question for the rescuers as well.  I am under the
impression that most of the rescued frets were whole frets ie.  Hobs and
Jills.  Are these frets going to be used in future breeding ?  I seen
some very impressive colorings in spite of being filthy beyond words.
The big cinnamon Hob for instance.  Will he be used for breeding?

I am not trying to flame anyone so please don't tear me a new one.  I am
just interested in the breed as a whole.  I think the ferrest rescued
were done a great favor by the rescuers.  They are alive thanks in no
little part to these brave ladies.  My heart goes out to them that do
this type of work as I have done it myself.  I have seen some nasty
sights but never in my wildest dreams would I ever have imagines anything
as terrible as what the pictures showed.  NEVER!!  I saw hope in the eyes
of the ferrets there.  I saw a new beginning for all of them.  God Bless
the resuers!!!

After All IT IS FOR THE FERRETS!!!

Fred Hurd
Reno, Nv.

[Moderator's note: No, the ferrets will not be further bred -- that would
just add to the problem.  Part of the money being collected will be used
to neuter the ferrets.  (All this is second-hand info -- I'm not part of
the rescue group.)  BIG]