From:
D CHRISTEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 07:31:00 -0500
Bart/Bartholomew/Barty ferret
Lynn, thank you for sharing those pictures with me the other day.  You
know they are all kept in the computer, till i can figure out how to get
them all together, i found a picture for Diane Taylor of her Nova, so
she can put it on her web page.

Bart was a prescious gift of life, and he was one of the fortunate ones
to find a home and a loving mommy in you.  I know what you are going
through, all the emotions of remembering...i think it triggered the
sharing of the photographs, reminiscing?  We could all use some
comforting now and then, when we feel the loss of one of these fun loving
little beings.  I hope that there is someone near you that can just give
you a hug now and then, it is not alright, but it helps to feel that
someone understands.

Human touch, as well as the love and closeness of furred bodies helps
in the healing process, too.  Maybe some of that Bach Flower that Mary
Conley has written about is in need?  I got tea and a cup from Diddy, and
today, and even in the winter time when the cold wind blows i am going to
sit and enjoy that cup, the tea, and think of the wonderful/compassionate
people i have met here, and all their beloved little and big ones
including those in between, skinned/feathered/furred.

I remember a story about a nurse in a nursery, and ill babies, how when
her duty was over, she would hold the last one, for awhile, and just how
that baby thrived, from human touch...

I have shared this with others, and now, in loving memory of another
Beloved Ferret Bartholomew

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, i do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on the snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain

When you awake in the morning hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circling flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night

Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there, i did not die.

Rest in peace little Barty boy, it is your earthly mother, that loved you
who's heart is aching right now.