From:
Cynde Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:14:28 -0400
Recently I was having some problems getting my Babies Apollo and Kaleb
to eat.

They had loose dark stools. I took them to the vet, he gave me flagrl?
Took tests and stool samples, couldn't find anything wrong with them.
They were losing weight, would not eat much, very laid back. My vet
said that they seemed stressed. (I should be so stressed). Waited on
hand and foot...pampered, etc.

We were going through a heat spell, but they are in A/C. He changed
their food from Totally Ferret to Marshall's. I knew if they didn't
start eating they would continue to get worse.

I did not have to force feed them. I started mixing baby turkey and/or
beef with Jim's duck soup mix and kept food in their dish, changing it
every 3-4 hrs. for the first 2-3 days. Then I slowly added their
Marshall's food. (I also kept a dish of marshalls food too). I
remembered that their breeder told me that she used to give her ferrets
milk straight from the goat. So I got some organic goats milk, and gave
them about a tablespoon each a day.

Wow they loved it. They began eating their food and have put on weight,
are playful again. Good stools. Something so simple.

I heard of people mixing cream into their duck soup, but goats milk is
more digestable. They are back to normal again. Eating their kibble,
and a little goats milk.

PS when they start eating their dry kibble, I weaned them off the duck
soup/babyfood mixture. Does anyone else use goats milk?