Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 22:52:05 -0700
Hi.
Just some input on yesterday's FML....

Ottis will eat almost anything.  He was really enjoying a little nibble of
my pear, so I gave him a bigger piece.  Within 5-10 minutes he was vomiting
it all up.  Poor guy vomited 3 times.  I am sure each ferret is different,
but when you feed the critters something new start small.  Ottis loves his
fruit, but I sure learned not to give in to "the look".

I also would love to hear anything about the evil disposal plan in
Tennessee.  I mailed that site to everyone I knew.  Beyond me that someone
actually built that inhumane building.  Sick, sick!

I like the ideas of incorporating ferts into our daily activities.  My boys
follow me around the house, so it's easy to create activities for them.  I
slide the toys across the floor, tip the paper bag right side up, let them
play in the empty extra large cereal box, or toss a sock their way all
while cruising around the house.  My chores don't seem like as much work,
and the critters are stimulated.  I realize not all homes can accommodate
ferrets on the lose, just some ideas. : - )

As for the ferret show "critique", be happy you have one to attend.  Not
all of us live in areas where shows are possible.  I can appreciate
constructive ideas to make the show better in the future, but posting an
anonymous negative check list is counterproductive and insulting to those
who make these events possible.  I would suggest volunteering your time to
the committee or individuals instead.

To Carmen - I can't imagine how awful it must be to have your fuzzie held
captive.  Good luck in your quest to free your baby.  To those who have
lost a ferret...so sorry.  Remember that the world was a better place with
them, and The Bridge will flourish with each "dook dook".

Kisses to the fuzzies,
Alissa & Ottis & Henry