Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2010 04:58:09 -0700
If you have friends and/or family who don't know a lot about ferrets
and who know you have ferrets please let them know that the only solid
color ferret is a white one. Ferrets are not all dark brown with maybe
a little white bib.

My brother was out working on his car when what he thought was a lost
ferret came out from under his car. He put his hand down and said "come
here little fella" The "lost ferret" came over and bit his index finger
at the base. When he called me and described the "lost ferret" I
informed him that it was not a ferret but in fact was a mink. He is
now getting rabies shots. Now a days rabies shots involve 4 - 5 shots
in the shoulder. The first shot is as much as they can get around the
bite/wound then the rest in the arm, plus a tetanus shot if one is
needed.

He has heard me relate too many stories of lost ferrets and thought
this mink was a ferret as they look an awful lot like a ferret

Thanks

Mike