From:
Eileen Ledbetter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:08:06 -0400
Hi everyone!  I have some wonderful news!  Abby has finally started eating
all by herself today.  I watched her do it three times!  I am so happy.  It
has been a long grueling ordeal of syringe feeding for almost a month and a
half.  It would be so wonderful if she can really do it on her own now.  We
have been battling green slime and now insulinoma it appears.  The meds she
is taking have finally turned the tide.  Her blood sugar is up from 43 to
68.  I would like it go higher, but for now the vet is satisfied that there
has been this much improvement.  We will check her again in two weeks.

She is still so skinny, but she is gaining strength and stability.  The
diarrhea also appears to be under control and the mouth pawing is gone.  I
still hear teeth grinding but it doesn't last too long.  She is not herself
yet, but I hope there will be continued improvement over the next few
weeks.  Thank you all for your advice and encouragment during this horrible
ordeal.  We couldn't have made it without you.

Eileen and Abby