From:
CROW Jackie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 08:52:04 -0700
Hi all,

since one (myself included!) usually posts more messages when their fuzzy is
sick, I thought I'd break the pattern and post something now that my fuzzy
is back home.

I took her to the vet last week when she started vomitting and refusing food
and water, and the emergency vet kept her overnite and sent her home with
antibiotics.  Over the weekend she seemed ok, then Monday she started
vomitting again and was quite dehydrated.  So Tuesday morning it was back to
the vet (this time our own vet) who did blood work and said it was liver
disease.  Rachel went back to the hospital, this time to be on an IV for two
days to see if that would help.

Rachel is back home now (YAY!) very skinny, with lots of little shaved
patches (apparently she REALLY didn't like the IV :-) on her legs and neck.
BUT she is eating and drinking on her own!  And playing with the other two
fuzzbutts!  The vet said that her blood work showed one test result back to
normal, and the other test still showed abnormal results (I haven't had a
chance to talk to her to find out which was normal and which not).  Rachel
is on a special low protein food (lots of fun, keeping the other two from
eating her food and her from eating normal food!) and seems to be doing
better... but of course we'll have to keep a very close eye on her.

To wrap this up (sorry it's so long) Rachel is home and doing better, but
we're still not sure what caused all this!

jackie

ps many thanx to [log in to unmask], who I emailed to find out if they had any
info about liver disease... I'm still collecting any info I can find, I'm
just not quite so panicky now!

   Jackie Crow
   Senior Programmer Analyst
   SHL Systemhouse, An MCI Company