From:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 09:55:52 -0600
> From:    Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: followup to email to Dept of Health
>
>I just received this:
>
>>We will be working with Mr McKay on the feces issue when the weather
>>gets better.  He seems willing to remove the feces from the property
>>and clean the area up.  Future visits will be made.  We have no other
>>regulations to follow regarding ferrets.  Sorry we can not help you
>>more.
>>
>>Doug Franz
>>[Ohio Department of Health]

Linda I know you've been on this hamster wheel a long time.

In the past 40 years have other govt officials, other agencies gone
out there?

I realize that Mr. Franz would rather not revisit this but it would
seem that if there is any recorded dated that shows that Mr. McKay is
a REPEAT offender - then something more should be done? Small chance
but one worth pursuing.

1) So - anyone out there willing and interested in calling all the
various levels of govt agencies that might have at one time or another
done an inspection - that might help Although I wonder if Mr. Franz
doesn't already know that Mr. McKay will never really keep up with even
that basic standard. If we gave him evidence it might allow him to act.
Or perhaps another agency.

2) I think flooding Senators and Congressman is certainly worth the
effort. They tend not to care about non-voters but you would think they
would care hearing that Ohio has a reputation as a white-trash animal
abusing state which is hardly going to attract high-tech companies and
workers given their dismal and ongoing unemployment rate. And typically
they read snail mail more than email.

Mary in Nebraska