From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 13:28:17 -0500
Imagine my excitement when the Meaty Morsels arrived (thanks Carole)!  I
quickly opened the box and grabbed a handful and ran through the house
yelling "Coco, Coco Puffs, come see what I have for you".  I finally found
Coco and happily dumped the food in a bowl.  Coco looked at the food, looked
at me, looked at the food took one tentative sniff, looked at me, then
promptly walked down the steps leaving me standing there with tears in my
eyes.  I was being appropriately punished for depriving her of her most
favorite food and the entire universe....

Each day, after I'd begged forgiveness and gave her tons of kisses and hugs
I'd try to give her a piece of her Meaty Morsels.  And each day she would
look up at me then turn and walk away.

I had noticed the food was disapearing.  The bowl needed refilled twice a
day.  I know some of the others were eating it but only a bite now and
again.  Something was going on.

Well..... Yep Coco was eating it.  I caught her sticking her head out from
under the microwave cart and sneaking a piece.  The look on her face when I
caught her was priceless.  :-) She dropped it back in the bowl then slipped
her head back under the cart.  I lightly picked up a piece and said "Coco,
Coco honey look what I have for you" she peeked out with the tip of her nose
showing.  With a little more coaxing she came out far enough to tentatively
take the piece, her eyes on me the entire time.  I smiled and softly said "I
love you Coco".

Hugs to all. tle