From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 19:32:56 -0700
Well, it has come to light that the favorite choice of litter used by many
of us has been discontinued by Pet smart, the major supplier.  After many
hours of phoning, I found the person responsible for this is the cat litter
buyer=Bobbie Hamilton@602- 587-2259.  She said they were not selling it as
well as the other cat litters, and -maby- by Sept. it may be replaced by
Yesterday's news brand which is also a recycled paper product.  She
confessed that they did not know that ferret people and rabbit people had
used the product.  I am trying to convince them to carry it in the small
animal isle where it may do better, and still be available to thousands of
us that have no good substitute available for comparable price.  (Sheppard &
Green is more than three times the price).

YOU are welcome to call Bobbie & let her in on how many of us are being VERY
inconvenienced by this money only driven move.  Even with the money in mind,
moving it to the small animal aisle should increase their cash flow, as we
are the major buyer of this nice product.

She said Yesterday's news is made by the same factory, just with a different
label.  Not so, according to Dianne at the Golden Cat Corp.  (800-835-6369),
who packages both products.  It's manufactured in Canada, and when put into
Natures fresh bags, it's sprayed with a citrus extract as a mild deodorant.
The other has no odor preventative at all.  Folks like me who have 8 ferrets
in one cage, 15 in one room, might have trouble with a product having no
deodorizer at all.  There are other recycled newspaper products out there,
but most have cedar oil added to control odor.  I explained to Bobby that it
would cause health problems in ferrets, especially when they are caged &
cannot walk away from the pan very far.

There is an intermediary solution, however!  I was gearing up to order a
pallot at a time from the distributor in Tucson (minimum order, 1260 pounds,
& $240 at a pop!), when I found the person at PetSmart who is in charge of
SPECIAL ORDERS!  This was amazing in my mind, as talking with the store
managers, their story was that they couldn't do anything about anything, &
I'd just have to wait until the new product came in... (duhh, I only work
here...)..  SO, the person who can and will order whatever quantity you want
of the Natures' Fresh litter, to be delivered to the store closest to YOU,
at the SAME cost, no more, is (drum roll please): Linda Poelns at
602-587-2208.  They order on Mondays only, so if you call on Tues.  it won't
be ordered until the next Monday, and she couldn't commit to delivery
time... I'm guessing maby a week, maby more, maby less..

For reference, the corporate 'new' number (it's not even in the phone book)
is 602-580-6100.

PETSMART:  Corp. 602-580-6100;

Have a nice day:)

                 Gary & the gang of fur ->
  Info on Timmy's healing & holistic healing=
<http://www.concentric.net/~Gferret/>
Pager email address for urgent messages=<[log in to unmask]>
"Regular pages"=800-209-1071 (I am on Pacific Time!)