Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:12:20 -0500
To the guy asking about remedies for dry skin:

I got a vitamin supplement from my vet called EFA (Essential Fatty Acids).
It is a very palatable oily substance that my ferrets LOVE.  I give my seven
year old about 1/2 cc every night.  It helps with her dry skin and her coat
seems to be in a much improved condition.  I first used it with an adrenal
ferret because her skin was always so dry and brittle.  (works wonders with
adrenal babies by the way!) It may take awhile before you see results, but
it is well worth it.  I paid $5 for a bottle that should last at least 2
months.

Also, if your friend bathes her ferret tell her to stop.  It needs all
those stinky oils it produces.  I have found that if you stop bathing your
ferret, it will cease to stink after some time anyway, provided that you
change it's bedding often.

Good Luck!
Britta