From:
SUSAN MALONE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 23:39:57 CDT
I am pleased and pround to make a Birth Announcement!  Lady Athena gave
birth last Monday (4-3-00).  I waited to announce because I was a little
worried.  she wasn't even DUE until Today!

But they didn't *seem* premature... Half an ounce each, good development
etc.... I may have slightly off, I think I counted from the second day of
mating instead of first..  also she only had two (first time momma) so they
must have gotten plenty of nutrition and all.

Anyways, they made it past typical *preemie danger zone* and are now 4 days
old, growing like weeds and seem perfectly healthy and normal.  There is
one male and one female.  Our digcam busted and a replacement is on the way
so i won't have pics for a couple if days but you can see Mom and Dad and
the birth announcement at:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=87904&a=4105571&p=18937550&Sequence=0
Mom is Lady Athena, whom I aqquired from Chris Mathis in Oregon... she was
born in Germany and imported by Chris.  She is a cinnamon mitt with unusual
pewter color on her legs above the mitts.  Weird but pretty.  Dad is
Phineus, a wonderful cinnamon/butterscotch boy..  HIS momma was Kiwi from
Sam in New Zealand and he looks a LOT like Bancho... whom he is related to
but I forget how... Sam?

Mustang Charlie.... I saw a post where you said you are getting a Bancho.
I tried to email you but it bounced back.  IS that the same Bancho??  I
know you get ferrets from Sam so I am assuming it is????

Anyways, I am so proud of Athena..  I always worry about first time moms
but she is a WONDERFUL Momma.

I post so often venting about rescues abused, mistreated and dying that I
thought I would share some happy news for a change!

Susan