From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 08:04:08 -0700
Someone asked:
>>3. Under what conditions are the surgical procedures done, and by whom?

And Bill replied:
>We do not know for sure.  I discount the yellow journalism that makes up
>facts as the authors choose.  It is the gadflies that have forced MF to
>close its doors to the average ferret owner.  We hurt ourselves.

Again, this Canadian can only offer what little she knows, but my
veterinarian did tell me something.

He said that a few years ago he attended a veterinary conference in the U.S.
and one of the speakers was (I *think*) Judy Bell, DVM?  The veterinarian
for Marshall Farms at the time (perhaps still is, maybe I got the name
wrong, whatever; the point is the speaker was the MF Vet).  She told my
veterinarian that she did spays/neuters for MF on her kitchen table on a
regular basis, with no assistants and minimal veterinary equipment.

I've got no opinion in the MF matter, I'm just repeating what my vet was
told by the MF vet.  Doesn't sound like an ideal situation for a corporate
venture of that magnitude, but nonetheless, it appears to be a valid truth.

At that conference my veterinarian received a poster of the internal
workings of the ferret, produced by MF.  I think it's a bigger version of
the one in the Fox book; anyone know if I can get one from somewhere?
Should I just write MF, or does anyone have them that could send me one (I'd
pay, of course...)

Sheena - [log in to unmask]  | "To Err is Ferret ... To Forgive|
VP - Greater Vancouver      | "... Well, That's Our Job"      |
     Ferret Association      (Wherret Web Pages Coming Soon!)
       We're on the Web! http://www.ferret.net/vancouver/