From:
New England Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 13:10:42 -0000
New England Ferret Foster, Education, and Rescue, Inc. (NEFFER) is looking
for an emergency foster home for three ferrets who are currently being kept
in someone's cellar.  The owner does not know their sexes, ages, or names,
and gives them food and water "when they remember".

We currently do not have a free foster home for these three but want to
rescue them ASAP.  The foster home would be temporary until we find a
permanent adoptive home for them, but they need to be rescued NOW!

Ferrets placed in foster homes through NEFFER have their vet expenses
covered by NEFFER.  We usually ask that the foster family provide food,
water, and shelter, but in some cases we can provide food.  We also have a
cage available in case these guys don't have one or in case theirs is too
scuzzy to keep.

Can anyone function as a temporary foster home for these ferrets?  Please
note that they will not go to the foster home until they've had a stopover
in the home of a NEFFER officer who will get them their shots and exams,
clip nails and clean ears, and make sure they have no illnesses to pass on
to other ferrets.

Anyone interested, please e-mail us at our address: [log in to unmask]

Thanks!

Heather Wojtowicz
NEFFER