From:
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 00:22:03 -0500
Weel helloooooooo my fellow fert friends!  It's been CRAZY at the shelter
this week as i'm sure you can imagine with the new kids that came in.
i have some sad stuff to share too.  Our little Tut passed across the
Rainbow Bridge on Tuesday evening.  he was loved by MANY, many people
and crossed quite unexpectedly.  He was however in a loving home, though
his new parents had only had him for 3 days, they took his passing very
hard.  In his memory, they came back to the shelter to adopt his other
brother and sister, Bubba & Tiye.  Tut is happy up here with me and his
new found friend Taz.

On the other side of town, we also lost Candi at the same time.  Candi
follows her brothers Fox and Patch and is happily reunited with them.

The new kids are doing FANTASTIC!  So much different than the Paris bunch
who took a long time to come out of their shells.  The Easter kids are
already playing and interacting with all hoomans.  #13 is now named
Zorro, he's the one with the broken leg that has healed badly.  he
*almost* war danced this week!  #23, now called Chunk is a TOTAL boob
man!  He spent most of his run on Friday in mommie's cleavage.  #22,
now called Spot dances and dooks the night away.  AND, the little one
named after me, #21 is now called Harls because he has a boo boo on the
same eye that i did.  he's a total joke and just like me, he dances and
dooks even though his eye looks so sore.

#4 is Tika.  She the one with the really HUGE spleen.  The shelter will
hopefully have the funds this week to have her surgery to be spayed and
remove the biggest spleen we've ever seen.  #1 is now called Riker (for
all you Treckies) and he HATES other ferrets.  He accidentally go a hold
of Pandora on Friday and fur was-a-flying!

the transfer of ferts to Motor City in Detroit didn't work out at all.
due to vaccine issues, no ferrets were able to change citizenship and
become American.  We all appreciate their kind offer of help and wish
things could have worked out different!

A VERY special thank you to Waterloo West Animal Hospital and Dr.
St.Pierre for donating 7 neuters and 3 spays this coming week.  It's
because of vets and hospitals like hers that we are able to do the work
we do.  a big, sloppy ferret kiss to Dr. St.Pierre and her staff!!!

My love to all, Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>