From:
Sonya Grable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 02:48:13 GMT
Hello-

First, to all who have an ill fuzzy, I send many thoughts and prayers for
healing and recovery.  And to those that have lost a beloved 'baby', no
matter how recent or long ago, I extend sincere sympathies and condolences.

Now, I need any help and/or input.  Girlie is getting huge!  Her vet is as
certain as is possible without going in that she has edema.  All tests
indicate it is not due to any heart, kidney, or liver problem.  This is
either causing circulatory problems or is affecting her circulatory system.
She really hasn't responded to Lasix or anything else we've tried.  She
improved for a little over a month, and now whatever it is, is back with a
vengeance!  She's a couple of months shy of her first birthday.  Her vet
and the ferret experts he's consulted with are stumped!!  Neither of us
feels she is a good candidate for any kind of surgery right now.

I really, really need and would greatly appreciate any ideas, advice or
opinions, no matter how remote they may seem.  I'm scared.  She is steadily
going down.  I went through almost this exact same thing with Renny last
year during the month of July, July 19th matter of fact.  She steadily
declined and out of pure desperation I allowed exploratory to be performed
on the ninth of September.  She passed the next morning, less than
twenty-four hours post-op.  I still do not know the hows or whys, but will
always search for them.  I can't think of any common denominator between
the two, despite the same physical symptoms, signs, and problems.

I simply cannot do this or go through this again.  It is/would be too
hard and too painful to bear.  It already is!  I've read the recent posts
regarding sudden weight gain, and huge and warmer than usual abdomens.
I've privately written to a few, but haven't received any responses yet.
I'll gladly share what I know and have experienced, which unfortunately,
isn't a whole lot, and probably wouldn't be of much help.  But hey, you
never know.

I prefer private replies (don't have anything against public ones, except
that they take longer, and I don't think we have a whole lot of time to
spare).

Thanks in advance,

Sonya