From:
Michelle Alverson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:34:44 -0700
Slowly, but surely vet appointments are getting done.  We have two
dentals scheduled next week as well as more yearlys.  Our first transport
will take place this Saturday.  We will be sending 13 ferrets, via FAA
(THANKS GUYS!!) to Laura with Nola's ferret shelter in New Orleans.  In
that group is a little female waiting for her home in Texas with Sandi.
We hope to do another such transport the following weekend to two other
shelters taking a total of 16 ferrets from us.  Jason will soon add a
"transport Needed" box to our web page that everyone can stay tuned to
for the various trips needed.

Most of our needs are in good shape right now due to the generous
community.  We are running low on Ferretone/Linatone which these ferrets
love!!  (What ferret doesn't?) We also desperately need donations for the
mounting vet costs.  Although our veterinarians are giving us a great
deal, there are so many ferret, it's adding up fast.  We have spent about
$650.00 so far and as mentioned have not begun surgeries yet.  So, if you
are waiting to see what we need, we need funding for vet care the most!!
Check out our web site for our vet's address to send funds directly to
them.  You can also send funds directly through Paypal by using the
address given above.  Just let us know what the money is for...

Us humans would love some Dunkin' Donuts gift cards as we all love their
original flavor whole bean coffee and it's fueling us all!  We received
two boxes from unknown folks.  One was a 20# bag of Superior Choice.  We
received it today and thank everyone!!  Last week we received a box of
treats from a thoughtful bunch of ferrets.  The kids here love the treats
and we hope your brothers surgery went well.

Thanks again to everyone out there for all of the support and positive
words.  It does make a difference!!

Michelle Alverson, President
Ferrets-N-Limbo, Inc.
A Non-Profit, 501(c)(3) organization